Trabant Trek

• Hi cobmog (whoever of the team you are ...),

I just studied your website and can only say that I wish you all the best for your little trip.

Personally, I can't come to Zwickau this year to wave you good bye, 'cause at the same time there is the famous Uftrungen meeting ...

My personal Trabi experience kept myself in Europe so far, so you can imagine that I'd like to join you. My longest Trabi trip so far was to Albania (see the little picture on the left).

But, be aware that an engine can never be changed in fifteen minutes (as mentioned on your website). This idea will be helpful when you'll be sitting in Gobi desert telling the girls that there'll be a nice restaurant within the next half hour....

At least the eight of you can sacrifice one of the cars, if necessary (or pull it with a rope as a spare part disposal), and still continue. By the way, what do you do with the cars after arrival? Do you leave them there and fly home? At least in Vietnam I've seen a lot of East German built W50 lorries still working. They'd feel at home again.

So, again all the best. And take care

Michi
    CTC

P.S. See some pictures of my trips at www.chiemseetrabiclub.de.tc in the members area on my site

Früher gab's Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll -

jetzt gibts Veganer, Laktoseintoleranz und Helene Fischer

• jetz wart i scho ewig auf irgendeine Reaktion von den Andern. Man darf hier schon auch auf Deutsch seine Meinung schreiben. Ich habs halt erstmal lustig gefunden, denen zu antworten. Und ich hab eigentlich auch irgendwelche Reaktionen erwartet von Leuten, die technisch mehr Ahnung haben als die Crew, die da offensichtlich etwas zu optimistisch ist.

Also vorwärts mit Kommentaren!!!

• ähm vieleicht liegt es auch daran das der eine oder andere kein oder kein gutes englisch kann.... könnte ja sein .... :grinser:

• now in German - before I get the same results as last time:

ist ja alles ganz nett, was Ihr da macht. Aber tut doch bitte nicht so, als würdet Ihr den armen asiatischen Kindern helfen. Auch wenn Ihr das am Ende tut, war und ist Euer erstes Ziel die Trabitour. Und das ist o.k. so. Euer Video hat gezeigt, daß Euer Ziel die Reise ist, und nicht die Hilfe.

Also bitte:

Have fun on your trip, but don't behave more socially than you are. It's absolutely great to go there with a Trabi. But don't cheat the public with your ideas. It's not at all honest. So, I, and all of us, would help you if necessary, but not with these silly ideas. And, to tell the Americans of yours:

Go there! And you're always right. But see the difference: the Europeans (or many of them) like silly ideas. But they don't like being cheated. Especially not with money. So, go on this trip, but don't expect being paid by us.

We wish you all the best for your trip again

... nothing more necéssary...

Michi

• Hallo Michi!!

Of course we like to travel and the trip is very important for us. But don't think that we don't want to help. We could have chosen to go on this trek without any charity purposes as most of the travellers do. But we have decided to make this trip something else.
    It would be much easier to organize just the trip and have fun and travel. But we choose the more difficult way. We are working very long hours to make this happen and raise money for the kids. Believe me it's not an easy job. We have been working on this for months. For sure we want to travel and have fun but that's not enough for us. We are trying to make difference and help the kids. I think this is the only thing that matters. We take our time and try. How many young travellers can say the same thing?
    Thanks for taking the time and visiting our website!
    Cheers

Zsofi (the hungarian participant)

• Boar, 13 Jahre später... Ich gucke gerade zum 3. Mal die Serie. Ganz schön viel Zeit ins Land gegangen. Ich mag die Folgen von Trabant Trek. Und ich finde die Titelmusik dazu cool und belebend. Weiß zufällig jemand von wem die ist? Habe im Netzt nichts dazu gefunden.