Trabant kurbelwelle (Zusammenbauen)

• Hello, I will write in English. I want to change the bearings on my trabant crankshaft but I wonder how to press the center pin exactly. I was in this forum 1 person how he made a press specifically for the middle axis. Are there other methods or is it better. I am looking for advice and opinions please. I have over 10 Trabants but the engines are already worn out and I have quite a few new bearings for them. I can also make a stand, but the middle part bothers me.

• Hello, to refurbish the crankshaft is normally nothing for 'homework', you need special equipment and a lot of knowledge for this. So you better have to purchase a complete 'new'/refurbished crankshaft. ;)

• I have all the skills I have a punching and hammering press I also have a bench micrometer watch. The question is how to tag exactly those 2 internal weights. I'll take another picture

I want to know how they recycle them. How the weights pound them

• I think, you should disassemble complete and clean at first.
    My suggestion is, that you then take care of the connecting rod bearings first.
    Mounting the two middle main bearings (014004) shouldn't be a problem. However, you will indeed need a mounting device in order to achieve the two inner lifting disks with an offset of exactly 180°. You can't buy this tool anywhere.
    There are are video on youtube, showing the factory in GDR.

• I guess an exact die can be made to hammer the 2 middle pieces. I also have brand new connecting rod bearings.

I am attaching a photo of a similar print, I saw it in another post

You can give an opinion on this or if you have any better option. That's right, there are 2 holes on the shaft, exactly one opposite the other, which are 8mm.

I can put something in those holes to hold them together

• fahrgast Ich glaube nicht, dass er diesen Rat sucht.

Das wusste ich... Und ich glaube nicht, dass hier in einem Online-Crashkurs das wirklich fachgerechte Überholen einer Kurbelwelle vermittelbar sein wird. Darum der obenstehende Rat. ;)

Wer weiß, wer hier alles mitliest und das Fazit ziehen wird: "Das Geld für eine (fachgerecht) überholte KW spare ich mir in Zukunft, kauf mir bei xyz einen Lagersatz und mache mir das bisschen Sch.... alleine."

Schade um das dabei potentiell vermurkste Material... :verwirrter: