Versuche meinen Trabi zu laufen - In English und Deutsch

• Ich werde dies in Englisch und Deutsch posten, da mein Deutsch ist nicht gut.

Unten ist die Situation, die ich habe.

Erstens, das Auto neue Ringe, neue Kolben einen neuen Vergaser, alle neuen Dichtungen, neue Drehventil, neue Nadellager hat, hatte ich die gelangweilte leicht geschliffen und die Glasur auf sie gebrochen. Im Grunde war es eine Total Refresh. Ich habe auch von der auf den neuen Aftermarket elektronische Zündung Platte verändert.

Ich ließ den Motor ist. Wenn ich mir die trockene Verdichtung Test mit nur Motorenmontage Lube und ca. ½ Teelöffel 2-Takt in den Zylindern tat, war ich ca. 100-110 psi lesen. Ich habe Benzin im Auto und bekam es begann, wollte ich im Leerlauf laufen lassen / aufwärmen und sich so richtig, nachdem es lief ich in die Garage um etwas zu bekommen, begann um die Motordrehzahl zu hören, damit ich schneller wieder lief zum Auto gestartet und durch die Zeit gehe ich in die Tasten, um es abzuschalten es hatte sich abgeschaltet. Das Auto lief für insgesamt etwa 15 Sekunden.

Ich bemerkte, wurde Kraftstoff aus dem Überlauf des Vergasers in Strömen. Ich sprach mit einem anderen Mitglied und er schlug vor, dass vielleicht, dass geschah, weil der Schwimmer geöffnet habe, da ich nicht prime die Schüssel, bevor ich anfing stecken. Ich nahm den Deckel vom Behälter und der Schwimmer hat ein kleines Stuck scheinen. Ich reparierte sie, sorgte dafür, dass die Schüssel wurde grundiert und hatte nicht das Problem da.

Allerdings kann ich nicht bekommen, um das Auto wieder zu starten. Es dreht sich frei und leicht und wird nicht irgendwelche seltsamen Geräusche, dass einige interne Fehler anzeigen würden. Schließlich, und ich denke / hoffe, dies durch clylinder verursacht werden könnten und war nach unten gestürzt Ringe, aber meine Komprimieren ist in den hohen 70er-80er Jahren niedrige innerhalb einer oder zwei Pfund voneinander in beiden Zylindern.

Irgendwelche Ideen oder Anregungen oder Hilfe würde geschätzt werden, wenn zusätzliche Informationen benötigt werden, lassen Sie mich wissen zu.

Danke

ENGLISH

Below is the situation I am having.

First, the car has new rings, new pistons a new carb, all new seals and gaskets, new rotary valve, new needle bearings, I had the bored lightly honed and the glaze broken on them. Basically it was a total refresh. I also changed from points to the new aftermarket electronic ignition plate.

I got the engine it. When I did I dry compression test with only engine assembly lube and about ½ a teaspoon of 2-stroke in the cylinders, I was reading about 100-110 psi. I put fuel in the car and got it started, I was going to let it idle/warm up and so right after it started I ran to the garage to get something, started to hear the engine rev faster so I ran back to the car and by the time I go to the keys to shut it off it had shut itself off. The car ran for a total of about 15 seconds.

I noticed fuel was pouring from the overflow of the carb. I spoke to another member and he suggested that maybe that was happening because the float got stuck open since I didn’t prime the bowl before I started. I took the cover off the bowl and the float did seem a little stuck. I fixed it, made sure the bowl was primed and have not had the problem since.

However, I cannot get the car to start again. It turns over freely and easily and is not making any odd noises that would indicate some internal failure. Lastly, and I am thinking/hoping this could be caused by clylinder was down and unseated rings, but my compressing is down in the high 70’s-low 80’s within a pound or two of each other in both cylinders.

Any ideas or suggestions or help would be appreciated, if any additional information is needed, let me know too.

Thanks

• Can be so many reasons...

I did not understand everything. But here some ideas: (sorry, the technical words in German)
    - If you have new Kolben, you need also Zylinders in the right size, or the old ones korrecktly honed/geschliffen
    - If you had a lot Oil in the Zylinders, and the engine ran a while, then the spark plug could be oily and then give no more fire; Check the sparks. If they are wet, then you have no ignition or you had too much oil for your test
    - What is the thing with the rings and pistons ... do they all have the right size? There are many different sizes of pistons, and the rings must be the right ones. The rings must be the right side up and the right side down
    - check if there is fire on the spark plugs (start engine with sparks outside) and see if there is fire/lightning ... maybe you have some wrong combination of the new ignition plate ... there must be the right Zuendspulen, otherwise something can break.

shortly: 1. Check if the ignition works (ignition 1 to zylinder 1); 2 check if there is not too much fuel ... and if there comes some fuel at all.

The Trabi - engine should run then. If something is wrong with the engine, then it wil run very bad or with ugly noises or with little power or very short because some part wil break

Best wishes over the ocean :)

• Danke Marc. Ich habe Verständnis dafür, dass. Für die Zylinder und Ringe, hatte ich die Maschinenhalle Maßnahme sicherstellen, dass ich ihnen befohlen, diejenigen zu korrigieren. Ich hoffe, es ist nur eine Überflutung von Kraftstoff Problem oder kein Funke.

Ich hätte einen Freund, der mir helfen kann heute oder morgen haben, so kann er den Schlüssel drehen, während ich für Funke zu überprüfen.

Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe! Auch Ihr Englisch gut ist, verstand ich es gut.

• Hi Justin,

you can check if there is a spark on your spark plug without any help:

- Remove both spark plugs from the cylinders and pull them into their jack
    - lay down the jacks with the sparks on the motor in such a way that they have got electrical contact with the electrical ground of your Trabi
    - Turn the ignition on
    - turn the motor by winding him with the blower
    - you should see alternating, strong sparks on your spark plugs
    - The motor will turn slower than your blower, so you have to make more turns on the blower to get a spark.

If the sparks are wet by getting them out of the cylinders, you have too much of fuel. If they are completely dry after you have wound the motor with the starter, you have no or too few fuel.

Greetings and good luck
    Benjamin

Fährt und schraubt gern *Simson S50B1* *Schwalbe KR51/1* *Trabant 601 LX '88* *Lada Niva 1700*

• I am still trying to get it started. It is almost like there is no fire, I have no real help here so it has been hard to confirm this.

I will keep everyone updated.