Vibrations from the exhaust on Wabant

• Hello everyone, I am writing in English because I do not know your language unfortunately.There was a problem three months since I put the brand new wartburg motor on my Trabant,before that there was no problem.At certain revs create vibrations around 1600-2k RPM,whenever they pass through then RPM the body is shaking.I do not know what to get, tried everything.Some people tell me that all generations should move freely, others tell me must catch tight on the body,I put hard pads and soft, but no help.At low and high RPM-no problem.I started the engine on headers to know what there is another problem (bumbstop engine)NOther is fine,becaus no vibration.I forgot to say the all exhaust system is Wartburg.Any ideas to tell me or direct me, you have maybe such problems there drive Trabant with Wartburg engine?

Sorry for my English.

• Hello,
    whats about the flying wheel? Is it correct fixed or for example do you have made it less heavy?

Matt ist das neue Hochglanz
    Zwei Zylinder, zwei Takte und ein Mikuni: da geht was! :thumbup:

• I had the same problem with a stock 601 engine.

Try to loose the two bolts, that connect the exhaust manifault and the exhaust.

Put something under the exhaust, that it doesn't fall down.

Then start the engine and test it ;)

If it works, just don't screw these bolts too tight...

• Thanks for the advice,today I tried what you said and the problem is fix,but headers they is not catch good to front exhaust .I tightened it, still have the all body is shaking.Option is to drive it that. :S

• Hris.. what is your native language?

Trabant 601L & Wartburg 353W Tourist (alltagsauto) & HP 750 & Barkas B1000 KB :top:
    Mitglied IFA Pannenhilfe in die Niederlände!

• Ich habe die selben starken Vibrationen, allerdings in einem etwas höheren Drehzahlbereich (denke so bei 2000-3000).
    Ich habe auch keine Ahnung wo das her kommt. Ich vermute aber mal, das es etwas mit dem VSD vom Wartburg zu tun hat.

Warum komme ich auf diese Theorie?

Ich hatte letzte Woche das Problem, dass der Flansch zwischen Krümmer und VSD locker war.
    Damit war der VSD nicht mehr starr mit dem Krümmer (und damit auch nicht starr mit dem Motor) verbunden.
    In diesem Zustand hatte ich zwar ein lautes drönen, aber keine Vibrationen.
    Nachdem ich nun den Flansch wieder festgezogen hatte, ist das Drönen weg und sind die Vibrationen wieder da.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same strong vibrations, but in a little higher speed area (i think 2000-3000).
    I also have no idea whats the reason why. I think the exhaust pre silencer from Wartburg is the reason of these strong vibrations.

Why do I come on this theory?

Last week i had the problem that the flange from pre silencer was loose.
    At this time i had some noise, but no vibrations.
    After repair, there are no noise and the vibrations are there again.

• Can you show us, how you have mounted the presilencer?
    Interesting would be present:
    How looks the holder and where is the position (in the middle or at the end from the presilencer).

• Du hast es genauso gebaut wie ich.
    Der Vorschalldämpfer hat den Halter in der Mitte und hängt am Getriebe.
    Es gibt auch die Variante, dass der Vorschalldämpfer den Halter am Ende hat und an der Karosserie montiert ist.

Ich glaube, durch die Aufhängung in der Mitte hat der Vorschalldämpfer zuviel Überhang und kann sich so mehr aufschaukeln als wenn er am Ende aufgehangen ist.

Verwendest Du kein Flexibles Stück im Auspuffrohr?

------------------------------------------------------------

You have built it exactly like i did it.
    The pre silencer has the holder in the middle and hangs on the gearbox.
    There is also the version that the pre silencer has the holder at the end and is mounted in the car body.

I believe, by the suspension in the middle the pre silencer has too much surplus and can swing oneself up more as if he is mounted at the end.

Do you not use a flexible piece in the exhaust pipe?