Replacement for HLP68?

• Hello!
    Does anyone know a replacment oil for "HLP68" I live in Sweden and i think that is almost impossible to get that oil here, the shipping cost from Germany to Sweden will be to high. :hä:

• yes, send from Germany is very expensive, but possible. HLP68 costs 12,95€ (5Liter) with me. A package to Sweden costs 16.50€. I can send 5Liter to you for 29,45€, if you have interest.

5,89 per Liter include all for 5 Liters.

maybe u find more Trabi-Drivers and u can order 20Liter :zwinkerer:

btw: i think, u can order "HLP68" also in Sweden! i think, there are no international code like "API.." or "SAE.." but "HLP68" is the INTERNATIONAL name of this oil !
    Ask a "industrial"-Oil Dealer with Hydraulic-machines! I'm sure he can help you!

maybe this Page can u help(or your Oil-Dealer :grinser::(
    http://www.mekolub.com/Products/Lub/Hydraulic/HLP68.pdf

• with http://www.google.se I found a oil dealer in Sweden.
    (but I can't read the crazy words :verwirrt:)

http://hem.passagen.se/majo4763/Produkter/listahyd.htm

so u can sure, the name is "HLP68" in Sweden to.

it's in germany not easy to, buy HLP68 in a normal Store..

btw: i know.. my english is terrible.. but i hope, i can help u.

• Thank you for your advise, As sone as possibile i will change oil in the gearebox.
    Is it recomeneded to wash out the old oil with diesel?

:hä:

• If you'll just change the oil without opening the whole gearbox, don't use diesel to clean.
    It's not possible to get out the complete oil.
    So if you use diesel, some diesel will stay in the gearbox (~0.3l I think) and will be mixed with the new replaced oil.
    If the old oil is very dirty, better fill in new one, go for some kilometres and change again.

Regards, Jabberwockey

• I went to a local oil-salesman, who told me that HLP68 was an high temperature hydraulic oil. If I buy the HLP68 he is selling, am I then buying the right oil?
    :hä:

• währe es nich mal wieder eine Aufgabe für lottle, herauszufinden, warum eigentlich GERADE ein Trabant-Getriebe Hydraulik-öl benötigt, und warum GERADE ein Trabi-Getriebe mit "richtigem" Getriebeöl nich so gut läuft? :augendreh:
    Viel Spaß dabei :zungeaus:

• ach, ich habe auch schon in meinem motorrad hydrauliköl gefahren. (... und mich eines tages gewundert, warum das pleul durch das motorgehäuse schaute....)

• Have anyone tried to use ATF III oil in the getribe !
    Is the rumors true that other oils than HLP68 will clogg and damage the Free-wheel?

//Halvorsen - Kör Trabant, det gör jag!

• Zitat

Original by Halvorsen
    Is the rumors true that other oils than HLP68 will clogg and damage the Free-wheel?

Okay ... there are different ways to damage your gearbox, especially the freewheel ... ;) ...
    HLP68 is surely the best oil to reach maximal possible kilometres with one gearbox. But if you won't get it or you're not sure about the correct name in Sweden, you can also try SAE80.
    SAE80 is also mentioned in the operation instruction of your Trabant but it's viscouser than HLP68, so it might keep away your freewheel from working ... ;) ... especially when it's cold outside (because then its naturally even viscouser).
    I used SAE 80 before I knew Chris601 and his oilshop, and in my gearbox, it worked very well even at -20°C. But if your freewheel is damaged at least a bit, you might get problems.
    If your concerned about Chris and his oilshop, I can tell you, his oil very good and you can be sure, he's not making any profit with selling this oil.
    He's just selling it to do a favour to us! (I know, it sounds strange, but you can believe, it's his "hobby", not his profession).
    So, I think I told you some ways to change your oil, now you just have to choose ... ;) ...

Regards, Jabberwockey

• Es ist besser, wenn jemand bei akzeptablen Preisen mit seinem Service Profit macht, wenn dieser Service für die Allgemeinheit nützlich oder eventuell unverzichtbar ist.
    Ein kostenträchtiges Hobby steht in wirtschaftlich ungünstigen Zeiten immer eher zur Disposition als ein etwas profitables Geschäft. Die Community muß sich dann nach einem neuen "Opfer" umschauen oder hat eben Pech gehabt. Und damit ist dann keinem wirklich gedient.

Welch triste Epoche, in der es leichter ist, ein Atom zu zertrümmern als ein Vorurteil.
    Kia trista epoko, en kiu pli facilas detrui atomon ol antaujughon.

Albert Einstein

• sicher ist es wünschenswert, wenn einer der community selbstlos zur seite steht!!!

aber wenn schlapper so viel werbung macht und plotzlich alle trabifahrer oil von chris haben wollen, dann gehts auch nicht mehr ohne gewinn... :winker:

• :lach: :schlaplach: :top:Genau!!! Genug Werbung! Dat Getriebe läuft auch, wenn man´s alte Öl mit nem neuen verdünnt und nach `n paar km dat neue einfüllt!!!! :top: :schlaplach::lach:

:top:>>Trabant fahren ist Kult........nicht Armut!<<< :lach: