Getriebe schleift im dritten Gang nach der Reparatur

• English version:

I had my gearbox repaired due to a worn freewheel.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150401_180611505_zpskftatqog.jpg]

4th gear now engages but when I shift into 3rd gear the transmission wants to grind. As if the syncronizer is worn. But there was nothing wrong with 3rd gear before I had the transmission repaired. If I pause and allow the engine speed to decrease I can shift without grinding. But if I pull back on the shifter with some effort while shifting into 3rd gear it doesn't grind. But I cannot shift from 4th to 3rd without grinding.

I did not replace any of the clutch components.

The man who repaired my gearbox said he was confident he put the gearbox back together properly and the problem was either a misliagned shifter or the clutch was not disengaging completely because the cable tension was out of adjustment. If the cable was out of adjustment then wouldn't the car also grind in 1st or reverse?

I measured the distance between the end of the threaded rod and the base of the adjustment nut at 33mm (for reference purposes). I installed the nut back to 33mm. Clutch freeplay is at 20mm but the clutch disengages about halfway instead near the top when clutch pedal is depressed. I turned the adjustment nut a couple of turns and seems to have made some difference (less grinding) but I only have a few turns because I am out of adjustment and the threaded end will hit the starter.

Even though I reset the adjustment nut back to 33mm, I wonder if because the cable has stretched, 33mm means nothing. I have a new cable but have not had a chance to install it yet.

Here is what the cable adjustment looks like right now. It is almost at the ends of it's travel (almost no more adjustment). Does this look typical?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150420_053720545_zpsav55c2re.jpg]

Can someone tell me if the shifter is misaligned if this would cause what I am seeing?

Does the shifter position look OK in these gears?

3rd gear (3:30 position):

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150419_163359854_zpsf4l45qwh.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150419_163253232_zpsx0jyf3rn.jpg]

4th gear (12:30 position):

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150419_163406625_zpsoyzst7bh.jpg]

Reverse:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Trabant/IMG_20150419_163343652_zpsm3wpfhgd.jpg]

I cannot find anywhere that the shifter could be causing this grinding.

Can someone tell me if the ring that the "walking cane" goes through is supposed to fit tight within the loop or have some clearance? Once the shifter is clamped down there is no movement in the shifter. So far I have not found any method of measurements on how to adjust the shifter position!

Also what distance should the end of the shifter be from the end support bracket when in reverse?

I'm just wondering if the shifter need more adjustment or the problem is in the cable tension?

If the clutch cable tension is the problem, could this cause grinding in 3rd gear but not 1st or reverse?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

übersetzte Version:

Ich hatte mein Getriebe repariert aufgrund eines abgenutzten Freilauf.

4. Gang jetzt greift aber wenn ich schalten Sie in den 3. Gang das Getriebe zu schleifen will. Als ob die syncronizer getragen wird. Aber es gab nichts falsch mit 3. Gang, bevor ich das Getriebe repariert. Wenn ich innehalten und die Motordrehzahl zu verringern, kann ich ohne Schleifen zu verlagern. Aber wenn ich zurück zu ziehen auf dem Schalthebel mit einiger Mühe beim Schalten in den 3. Gang es nicht schleifen. Aber ich kann nicht vom 4. in den 3. verschieben ohne Schleifen.

Ich habe nicht ersetzen eine der Kupplungskomponenten.

Der Mann, der mein Getriebe repariert, sagte er zuversichtlich, legte er das Getriebe wieder zusammen richtig, und das Problem war entweder ein misliagned Schalthebel oder die Kupplung nicht vollständig löst, weil die Seilspannung war nicht richtig eingestellt war. Wenn das Kabel wurde nicht richtig eingestellt, dann wäre nicht das Auto auch im ersten schleifen oder rückgängig zu machen?

I gemessen der Abstand zwischen dem Ende der Gewindestange und dem Boden des Stellmutter am 33mm (für Referenzzwecke). Ich installierte die Mutter wieder auf 33mm. Clutch Freeplay ist bei 20mm, aber die Kupplung löst sich etwa in der Mitte statt der Nähe der Spitze, wenn das Kupplungspedal gedrückt wird. Ich drehte mich um die Stellmutter ein paar Drehungen und scheint eine gewisse Differenz (weniger Schleifen) gemacht haben, aber ich habe nur ein paar Umdrehungen, weil ich nicht richtig eingestellt und das Gewindeende wird die Starter getroffen.

Auch wenn ich setzen Sie die Stellmutter wieder auf 33mm, frage ich mich, ob denn das Kabel gestreckt, 33mm bedeutet nichts. Ich habe ein neues Kabel, aber noch keine Gelegenheit, es noch zu installieren musste.

Hier ist, was die Kabelanpassung sieht aus wie gerade jetzt. Es ist fast am Ende der es die Reise (fast nicht mehr Anpassung). Sieht das typisch?

Kann mir jemand sagen, wenn der Schalthebel falsch ausgerichtet ist, wenn dies dazu führen, was ich sehe?

Ist die Schaltposition OK Blick in diesen Gängen?

3. Gang (3.30 Stellung):

4. Gang (12.30 Uhr Position):

Reverse:

Ich kann nicht überall finden, daß Schalter könnte die Ursache dieses Schleifen.

Kann mir jemand sagen, ob der Ring, der "walking cane" durchläuft soll innerhalb der Schleife eng zu passen oder etwas Spiel haben? Sobald der Schieber geklemmt unten gibt es keine Bewegung in dem Schalthebel. Bisher habe ich nicht gefunden, jede Methode der Messung, wie man die Schalterstellung anzupassen!

Auch welche Distanz soll das Ende der Schalthebel vom Ende Stützwinkel, wenn umgekehrt sein?

Ich frage mich nur, wenn der Schalthebel müssen stärker angepaßt werden oder das Problem ist in der Seilspannung?

Wird die Kupplung Seilspannung ist das Problem, könnte dies Grund Schleifen im 3. Gang, aber nicht der 1. oder rückgängig zu machen?

Danke.

• This piece has a lot of play in it. If this piece was bad would it cause my problem?

Dieses Stück hat eine Menge spielen darin. Wenn dieses Stück war schlimm wäre es mein Problem verursachen?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://www.trabantwelt.de/images/product_images/popup_images/20289_0.jpg]

• Hi,

I don't think that the shifter position or the shown rubber roll causes the problem. Shifter positioning can be "as you want it" as long as the shifter can be put in all neccesary positions wihout touching any part near the stearwheel.

When the grinding gets less after you remove clearance in the clutch, the clutch itself or the cable is the problem I think.

Greetings
    Benjamin

Fährt und schraubt gern *Simson S50B1* *Schwalbe KR51/1* *Trabant 601 LX '88* *Lada Niva 1700*

• Hi j seabolt,
    are you aware how a fully synchronized gearbox works?
    If "yes" you should realize that the rubber part of the shifting mechanism cannot cause the grinding noise.
    At former times (when there was no synchronization within a gearbox at all) double-clutch did the trick whenever your tried to downshift. I.e.: While you drive rev up in neutral (with clutch engaged), then press the clutch while engine is still revving high and then try to engage the lower gear. If this works, most likely the synchronizer-ring is worn out. But...considering the fact that synchronizing of gears works as a kind of friction clutch it could also be that there is the wrong oil inside of the gearbox. What's Inside? Is it the recommended HLP 30?
    3rd possible reason is a non-disengaging clutch. The weird adjustment of your clutch-play could indicate this. Maybe there's something wrong with your clutch release bearing?
    So what's the root cause? I suppose you'll have to find out by yourself...

• Hi,

The name of the recommendet oil is HLP68. It is very important to use only exactly this oil. Maybe ATF-oils also are usefull, but _not_ the modern standard gearbox oils e.g. 80W-90.

Greetings
    Benjamin

Fährt und schraubt gern *Simson S50B1* *Schwalbe KR51/1* *Trabant 601 LX '88* *Lada Niva 1700*