Tuning "Drehmoment " in english

• hi
    meine Deutch ist nicht so gut so ich hoffe das ich Hilfe in Englisch Haben kann

I would like to have a Better"drehmoment"

Is the 680-700 ccm cylinder kit a good idea

or can a new carburetor + exhaust system do it

Is there any company that sell complete tuning kit .

i can see that I can buy a rebuild engine at 35 ps to 1590 euro does anyone have experience with these engines?

if I want to spend 800-900 euro ,what should I buy to make best tuning ?

best regards , Allan ,Denmark

• Is the 680-700 ccm cylinder kit a good idea

No

or can a new carburetor + exhaust system do it

No

i can see that I can buy a rebuild engine at 35 ps to 1590 euro does anyone have experience with these engines?

How many Drehmoment hat these Engine?

Biete Serienmotoren, Sportmotoren, Rennmotoren, Sport-VSD, Vergaserumbauten, Regenerierung Drehschieberflächen, Gehäusereparaturen, Aluschweißen, Sandstrahlen mit verschied.Material auf Anfrage

• I think not, too expensive
    Nobody knows the engines and there is no data and no contact for Probleme.Das is therefore a great Problem.Du buy a pig in a poke.

Biete Serienmotoren, Sportmotoren, Rennmotoren, Sport-VSD, Vergaserumbauten, Regenerierung Drehschieberflächen, Gehäusereparaturen, Aluschweißen, Sandstrahlen mit verschied.Material auf Anfrage

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fg601 ()

• Lachst Du über mein Googgle-Englisch :D

• Hi highlander,

we can try to help you, but there´s no easy way to find more power. I think, at the moment you have to say how many hp you´d like to have and if you´re able to rebuild an engine by your own. With this informations it can be possible to make you some offers. But otherwise, with an engine with more power you can always have some trouble, for example how to adjust the ignition or the carburator. Therefore it can be usefull to have some support. I bought my machine from fg601 (the user with the original english :D ) and I know that he´s often able to support me if I´ve some questions or problems.

Matt ist das neue Hochglanz
    Zwei Zylinder, zwei Takte und ein Mikuni: da geht was! :thumbup:

• Hi , sorry I misunderstood :)

I just bought the Trabant 1989 ,last week so I am new in the Trabant world.

Earlier i have been driving VW cabrio 1972 with 2387 engine and Fiat 500 with 800 ccm tuningkit.

To the Fiat 500 it was possible to buy a tuningkit with cylinder ,delorto carburator and sport exhaust.

I need to have a QEK camper after my Trabant , so I want some more horsepower so that I aktso can drive uphill :)

I think 35-40 PS must be enough .

How can i get 35-40 ps ???? I sit possible to buy a kit ???

or i someone in this forum has a tuned engine for sale that could be a soloution too :)

Best regards from Denmark :)

Is it not

• Hi,

for me there´s no reason to buy a kit. If you´d like to buy the "700ccm" cylinders you have 660ccm and no chance to get new pistons in the case of a damage because there´s no place to put bigger pistons in it. Also there´s the problem with the setting of exhaust and carburator. You have to try it by your own, so there´s the chance of damage the engine. ;)

If you´d like to buy a complete engine you can ask the user @Fg601. Maybe he has the time to build you an engine, but don´t forget: Power needs money. :D

• Hi Allan,

I bought an engine from fg601 with about 45 HP, also there´s another carb and exhaust. But only carb and exhaust won´t bring more power because it´s a difficult system. Like I just said, you can buy the 700ccm cylinders but therefore you have to find your own setting on carb and exhaust and if there´s anything wrong you can throw away the cylinders. ;)

Here in germany were not many people who built engines with more power. You can try the engine from trabantwelt.de, but like fg601 just said, there´s no support and no warranty about the promised power and the torque. And as I had to find out by myself, the torque is the most important thing especcially if you want to drive with the trailer.

• Hi,
    I hope you will read your mails while sitting on a chair. :D

• Ha ha ;) so that expencive

anyone have expirence with the 3 Channel cylinder ,

i was thinking 3 Channel cylinder better carburator and sport exhaust .

i don't need that much tuning just so that I will have no problem going uphill with my QEK camper

35 ps should do it , I guess .

• Why do you need three channel if there´s not more air/fuel for the combustion? If you want to use other/bigger cylinder you have to enlarge the transfer ports and the intake behind the carb. With a sport exhaust you shift your bandwith of power in higher revs, so you have to drive the gears into higher speeds. But uphill you won´t get it or if you have to shift gears you loose your speed.

It´s not as simple as you think it is. ;)

• I'm not an expert, but I hope, my following notes will help you understanding, why this topic is like it is :)

Keep in mind, that we're talking about a two-stroke-enginne with more than one cylinder and single intake. Tuning of engines like that may be slightly more complex than those, you are familar with.

Each two-stroke-engine is an resonant system. If you want to get more power and torque, you have to consider the whole engine at all. Changing single items whitout fitting other relevant items mostly make it worse than better.

For example: Mounting bigger cylinders is useless while the crankcase and the intake/transfer-ports are bottlenecks. Mounting another exhaust (for higher rotation speed) is useles while the engine can't rotate faster as well because of intake and crankcase. Consider that the front-silencer is essential for the work of a 2-stroke-engine. The originally Trabant-silencer is already optimized for the rotation-speed of the originally engine. And at last: Changing carburator and cylinders and exhaust still doesn't eliminate the bottleneck (intake/crankcase/transfer-ports).

That's why there are no really satisfying, simple plug & play - solutions available. And that's why each Trabant-engine with really more power and torque is unique and individually. And that's why it's expensive.

Greetings
    Steffen

Früher fuhr ich 6V, weil ich musste. Heute tu ichs, weil ich kann.