"Clean Look" under the hood of Trabant 601

• Hello, (Forgive me, that I'm not writing in german, butmy english is better). I want to make a whole "clean-look" under the hood of my Trabant 601, and for that I need to place the fuel tank in the trunk. I didn't sterted it yet, so I'm looking for some good advice on how to do it. My fellow Trabant - mechanics tell me to put a fuel pump from a DDR Webasto (I think that it will pump enough fuel when driving up a hill) How do You think of this idea? And for that a small fuel tank from Trabant 1.1 with a "fuel return" tube.

Also how do You have an idea how to shut off the fuel flow to the carburettor? I would thank for any advice an Ideas, ...especially in english. All photos are accepted.

All good greetings from Polish Trabant-Lovers

• Hi
    I have the same problem, i have to leave the fueltank also in the back. Now i was asking here in the forum for ideas because the fuelpump. You can use normely every aftermarket fuelpump, but some have to many pressure and so you need the returnline. The people here from the forum have good experience with the pump from HARDI. These are also speciel for carburettors and you don`t need the returnline.

• Look here or here. These are petrol pumps for carburettor engines.

To the second ones pumps:
    The output of the pump adapts itself to the consumption of the engine.
    So, with high consumption she pumps fast, with low consumption slowly or not at all.

You can use this webpage to translate from German to English.

• I use this one [ebay]190232376096[/ebay] :winker:

:aicke: TRABANT - mehrfach Alpenerprobt
    Wos´n doa loooohhhhs??? :aicke: